Manage episode 232295424 series 2504282
If you’re looking for older services at AWS, there really aren’t any. For example, Simple Storage Service (S3) has been with us since the beginning. It was the first publicly launched service that was quickly followed by Simple Queue Service (SQS). Still today, when it comes to these services, simplicity is key!
Today, we’re talking to Mai-Lan Tomsen Bukovec, vice president of S3 at AWS. Many people use S3 the same way that they have for years, such as for backups in the Cloud. However, others have taken S3 and ran with it to find a myriad of different use cases.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Data: Where do I put it? What do I do with it?
- S3 Select and Cross-Region Replication (CRR) make it easier and cheaper to use and manage data
- Customer feedback drives AWS S3 price options and tiers
- Using Glacier and S3 together for archive data storage; decisions and constraints that affect people’s use and storage of data
- Feature requests should meet customers where they are, rather than having to invest in time and training
- Different design patterns and best practices to use when building applications
- Batch operations make it easier for customers to manage objects stored in S3
- AWS considers compliance and retention when building features
- Mentorship: Don’t be afraid of the bold ask
69 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 35 mins duration .