Manage episode 232295423 series 2504282
More and more enterprises and on-prem applications are moving to the Cloud. Therefore, flexibility, agility, time-to-market, and cost effectiveness need to be created to address a lack of visibility and control.
Today, we’re talking to Archana Kesavan, senior product marketing manager at ThousandEyes. The company offers a network intelligence platform that provides visibility to Internet-centric, SaaS, or Cloud-based enterprise environments. Our discussion focuses on ThousandEyes’ 2018 Public Cloud Performance Benchmark Report.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- Purpose of Report: Reveals network performance and architecture connectivity for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud (GCP), and Microsoft Azure
- Report gathered more than 160 million data points by leveraging ThousandEyes’ global fleet of agents that simulate users’ application traffic
- Data collected during four-week period was ran through ThousandEyes’ global inference engine to identify trends and detect anomalies
- Internet X factor when calibrating network performance of public Cloud providers; best-effort medium that has no predictability and is vulnerable to attacks
- AWS’ performance predictability was lower than GCP Cloud and Azure leveraged their own backbones to move user traffic
- Certain regions, such as Asia, were handled better by GCP and Azure than AWS
- Customers should understand value of long-distance Internet latency when selecting a Cloud provider
- Determine what the report’s data means for your business; conduct customized measurements for your environment
69 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 35 mins duration .