Manage episode 234139023 series 2312993
When a deep injury is done to us, we never heal until we forgive …” – Nelson Mandela
In this episode, I begin by sharing an essay I wrote called The Eight Secrets of Emotional Self-Care. In it, I detail the basics on how to go through this life for maximum serenity and happiness. Because there are certain ways we get lost if we let ourselves … so here’s a roadmap you can hang on to.
I follow with my own thoughts on forgiveness. It’s a tricky topic, right? So often forgiving someone is the last thing we want to do. And yet. This really IS the way back to having a peaceful, free and happy life. I tell the story here of forgiving someone who I felt did me wrong … and what I learned in the process.
This episode ends with a 20-minute healing meditation that will help you find a path back to forgiving those people/places/things that have challenged you.
You’ll also learn
- Why it’s so hard to forgive in the first place
- The cost of refusing to forgive
- The Buddhist parableof the second arrow
- Disabling beliefs about forgiveness
- A note on waiting for apologies
- The incredible value of forgiving
- A roadmap for forgiveness in relationships
- How to forgive someone who you need to avoid or have no contact with
- The big question — Can you forgive yourself?
Link to Shahida Arabi’s book Becoming the Narcissist’s Nightmare
Thanks for listening!