Manage episode 229778053 series 1401614
Chris is joined by Devon Zuegel who recently joined GitHub in the new Open Source Product Manager role. Devon and Chris discuss the complexities inherent to open source including funding models, managing motivation and burnout, different open source models, and end with a discussion around how we can be better open source citizens, both as consumers and maintainers.
- Devon on Twitter
- Devon's Blog
- Nadia Eghbal - Roads and Bridges: The Unseen Labor Behind Our Digital Infrastructure
- Sindre Sorhus on Patreon
- Open Collective
- ESLint on Open Collective
- Webpack on Open Collective
- Babel on Open Collective
- Sidekiq Pro
- GraphQL Pro
- GitHub related issues
- Rich Hickey
- Evan Czaplicki
- Matz replies to post around Ruby moving slowly
- Open Source Maintainers Group on GitHub
Thank you to CircleCI for sponsoring this episode.
195 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 40 mins duration .