Manage episode 238252886 series 1401626
This week, we welcome to the show Michie Cao, formerly of Twitter and currently the sole designer at Sisu. Michie tells us all about her experience of working at both a large corporation and a small startup, and she shares some pros and cons of each situation along with some great advice for solo designers. And as always, we end the show with a few cool things, like a pair of music videos, the new coloring for adults, and a podcast about one breathtaking man.
This week's episode is brought to you by Abstract
Abstract is design workflow management for modern design teams. With Abstract, you can bring your design workflow into a single, unified place for designers, developers, and stakeholders to collaborate and keep work moving forward. Sign your team up for a free, 30-day trial today by heading over to abstract.com.
- Michie Cao is an interaction designer who likes to "design, code, draw, and tinker with things"
- Sisu is "the world’s most advanced analytics platform"
- Article: "Twitter.com launches its big redesign with simpler navigation and more features"
- Peter Bailis is the founder and CEO of Sisu
- WeWork helps you "discover spaces that inspire your people’s most meaningful and impactful work, whether you’re an established enterprise or a growing startup"
- Kubernetes is an "open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications"
- Docker is an "enterprise container platform for high-velocity innovation"
- The adults in the Charlie Browniverse are all entirely unintelligible (video)
- Day One Design Club "exists to connect first or solo designers with others like them and to help them grow through sharing of practical wisdom and ideas in a creative, supportive space"
- Charles Zhu is Sisu's Product and Go-to-Market guy
- Know Your Meme: "How to Draw an Owl"
One Cool Thing:
- Marshall shared two versions of Lewis Capaldi's beautiful song "Someone You Loved"
- Michie shared punch needle, the "new coloring for adults"
- Brian shared "Can't Get Enough of Keanu," a podcast from Patrick (H) Willems dedicated to exploring the filmography of Keanu Reeves
- The podcast was formerly about Josh Hartnett and called "We Heart Hartnett" in earlier episodes
- Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is the story of "two seemingly dumb teens [who] set off on a quest to prepare the ultimate historical presentation with the help of a time machine"
- Always Be My Maybe is the story of "famous chef Sasha and hometown musician Marcus who, when reunited after 15 years, feel the old sparks of attraction but struggle to adapt to each other's worlds"
Design Details on the Web:
- We are @designdetailsfm
- Join the conversation on Spectrum or leave us a review on iTunes