Manage episode 264675251 series 1401626
This week, we share some accessibility gut checks that designers should think through before moving into high fidelity mocks. We also talk about industrial design and video game hardware in this week's Sidebar, plus we share our cool things as always!
Golden Ratio Patrons:
More than 3,000 of the world's top design teams, including BuzzFeed, Ogilvy, MetaLab and Hulu use Float to plan their projects and schedule their team’s time. Float is the most accurate tool for planning your project resources and scheduling your team's time. Learn more at float.com/designdetails
Latest VIP Patrons:
Huge shoutouts to our latest Very Important Pixels!
- Shefali Netke
- Darwin Witt
- Jason Wu
- Christian Lunde
The Sidebar is an exclusive weekly segment for our Patreon supporters. You can subscribe starting at $1 per month for access to full episodes going forward! Sign up at https://patreon.com/designdetails.
In this week's Sidebar, we talk about video game console design, how controllers have changed, the evolution of gameplay sensors, and our hot takes on which console we are likely to buy.
- Ola Drachal shared some shameful early work! There's a full Medium post with all the pixels - thank you for sharing.
- Jacob Collier can make some pop music, too.
- Rowan Adams shared Complicit by Default that provides useful context about what's happening in the world. It's not enough to be "not racist" any more.
- Matt B. Cool asks: "What are some not as obvious accessibility wins we can look for early on as we move into high fi prototyping? Going beyond checking for good color contrast, font-size, touchable space etc."
- Brian shared Children of Time, a fun (but long) world-building sci-fi story. Marshall also read this, and we both love it. The sequel, Children of Ruin is on deck.
- Marshall shared an interview with the Dwarf Fortress creator with a very fun bug hunting story.
- Kruggsmash is a video creator who creates adventures within Dwarf Fortress' infinite worlds.
Design Details on the Web:
- 📻 We are @designdetailsfm
- 🙌 Support us on Patreon - your support literally makes this show possible. Thank you ❤️
- ❓ Got a question? Ask it on our Listener Questions Hub, and we'll do our best to answer it on the show :)
- ⭐️ Enjoying the show? Leave us a review on iTunes