Manage episode 232591838 series 1412085
This is part 2 of a two-part bonus episode of Bulletproof Radio. Be sure to listen to part 1, Ketofast: Your Need-to-Know Guide #588.
In this episode of Bulletproof Radio, the conversation takes a turn into the topics Dr. Mercola presented recently at the Upgrade Labs 6th Annual Biohacking Conference. Here are some highlights:
- Eating after dark is not a good strategy, but there might be a window if you’re up late into the night.
- REM sleep changes as you age
- The value of a float tank
- Heat shock proteins are a corollary to autophagy.
- Chronic keto is not in your best interest, “Your body needs carbohydrates on a regular basis,” says Dr. Mercola.
- The importance of insulin
- Ideal body fat percentages for men and women
- Recommended lab tests to quantify yourself
- Stimulating your immune system
- Wireless frequencies affect every life form on the planet
Dr. Mercola is an osteopathic physician who began exploring the world of natural medicine in the early 1990s after spending several years working within the conventional medicine model. His whole-person approach to health and his focus on preventive care led him to pioneer health information on the Internet where www.mercola.com has been consistently rated a top natural health website since launching 22 years ago.
He’s also a prolific author of more than a dozen books, three of which are New York Times bestsellers. He newest book is titled: “KETOFAST: Rejuvenate Your Health with a Step-by-Step Guide to Timing Your Ketogenic Meals.” He’s also authored numerous medical articles and is frequently featured on national media outlets.
Dr. Mercola has been interviewed before on Bulletproof Radio and contributed to Bulletproof articles. Check out the show notes below for those links.