Manage episode 232446827 series 1412085
This is part 1 of a two-part bonus episode of Bulletproof Radio. Dave and Dr. Joseph Mercola go from fasting to flying in an immensely specific conversation. They go deep into details, while at the same time offering up practical tips.
This is just some of what you’ll learn:
- Which type of fasting may be right for you
- How polyphenols activate autophagy
- How supplement and nutrient absorption rates differ by delivery method and why intrarectal methods are best for some
- Why metabolic flexibility matters
- Why mitochondria up- or down-regulate their functions, depending on the antioxidants they are producing
- About the best cellular level travel hacks and the shenanigans your ketones and mitochondria are up to in the air. When ionizing radiation damage sets free radicals careening off your body’s runway, Dave and Dr. Mercola explain how a bevy of acronyms—PARP, ADP, NAD, DNA—get involved to repair the damage.
Dr. Mercola is an osteopathic physician who began exploring the world of natural medicine in the early 1990s after spending several years working within the conventional medicine model. His whole-person approach to health and his focus on preventive care led him to pioneer health information on the Internet where www.mercola.com has been consistently rated a top natural health website since launching 22 years ago.
He’s also a prolific author of more than a dozen books, three of which are New York Times bestsellers. His newest book is titled: “KETOFAST: Rejuvenate Your Health with a Step-by-Step Guide to Timing Your Ketogenic Meals.” He’s also authored numerous medical articles and is frequently featured on national media outlets.
Dr. Mercola has been interviewed before on Bulletproof Radio and contributed to Bulletproof articles. Check out the show notes below for those links.
Enjoy the show—and remember to listen as the conversation with Dr. Mercola continues in part 2, Beyond Ketofast: Your Need-to-Know Guide.