Archive this series
Although growing and pushing yourself to be a better person can be wildly fulfilling, it isn't without an obstacle or twelve. For many people (probably you), they find themselves at odds with a few peeps in their world who simply "don't get" this whole personal development thing. In fact, they may actually really like the old, unhealthy, un-boundaried, people-pleaser version of YOU.
If you're comin' up against this racket, honey, you are certainly not alone. When you start seeing awesome changes in your life, you #natch want to share those insights with the people you're closest to. But, more often than not, you're met with "that's nice for you" or even more common, "what's all this woo-woo, hippie shit you're into lately?"
In this episode, I address six things to keep in mind as you start sharing your new-found enlightenment with your nay-saying friends and fam. You'll learn specific ways to address these peeps, how to tweak your approach to get the response you're looking for, and what to do if you need to lay down some badass boundaries.
This pod explores:
- How to have compassion for your friends and fam who think you're now a part of some internet cult
- The #1 thing you MUST watch for when you approach people with tools you KNOW would help them out
- Why you need to find like-minded people who've drank the same "koolaid" and where to find them
Imagine waking up feeling confident and proud of yourself! Hello!
Or how about telling someone "No, I'm not available for your event" and feeling Not. An. Ounce. Of. Guilt. Plus, now your time is all freed up for mani/pedis and mimosas.
Listen, when you actually LIKE who you are, you'll finally start the biz you've been too fearful to start, finally get back in shape + love your hot bod at the same time, and/or have time for the shit you really want in your life: like finally signing up for roller derby or planning that trip to Italy. #grazie
Get ready to get waaaay more done, alleviate massive stress, and feel Waaaay. Fucking. Happier.
Want the specifics? Of course you do. Simply swing by this page to secure your seat!
THE JOY JUNKIE AFTER HOURS CLUB NOW OPEN! COMPLETELY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP. TONS OF SUPPORT YOU CRAVE. JOIN THE CLUB.
'm soooooo thrilled to announce that I have opened The Joy Junkie After Hours Club and you are officially invited!
If you've been diggin' the pod, this group will be an extra dose of support, camaraderie, discussions, and advice from moi! Plus, it's #totes free and your new soul tribe is waiting for you!
So, clickety-click RIGHT HUURRR to join the group! #yourewelcome
- After Hours Club on Facebook!
- POD #211 - The Difference Between Fear + Your Inner Critic (and What to Do About Them)
- POD #210 - How to Stop Feeling Guilty
- POD #200 - What No One Ever Taught You About Boundaries
- POD #129 - How to Have Tough Conversations Like a Badass
How to Leave iTunes Reviews:
- Click the "Subscribe on iTunes" button below or go to http://tinyurl.com/JJReview
- Click on blue button that reads "view in iTunes" which will open the podcast into your personal iTunes account
- Click "Ratings & Reviews" under the show title
- Click the star rating of choice and then click the "Write a Review" button
- You can also click "Subscribe" under the podcast photo to be automatically notified of new episodes
Want to Submit a Show Topic?
Swing by THIS PAGE and let us hear what you would like us to sound off on!
223 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 39 mins duration .