Manage episode 225890200 series 1447297
Andy Sernovitz, CEO of SocialMedia.org, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss the core elements of a successful social media community and getting real people to talk about your brand.
Special thanks to our sponsors:
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Magic Moments: How to Create Inspired Marketing to Amaze Your Customers: candc.dl/amazecustomers)
- Convince & Convert (Experience This! Show: experiencethisshow.com)
- Yext (The Everywhere Brand: http://offers.yext.com/everywherebrand)
In This Episode
- 05:50 - How SocialMedia.org went from being the “Blog Council” to being an all around community for social media professionals
- 09:14 - Why a good social media community requires management
- 16:19 - Why deep social media communities need face to face interaction
- 17:36 - How SocialMedia.org has evolved as social media has drawn larger budgets and more focus from corporations
- 21:39 - How the ethics of advertising has evolved with social media
- 24:53 - Why social media and word of mouth are not the same thing
- 29:44 - Why story is so crucial when the quality gap has been narrowed between competing products
- Find out more about SocialMedia.org here.
- Get the new State of Marketing Report from Salesforce here.
- See the BreadBot from Wilkinson Baking Company here
Visit SocialPros.com for more insights from your favorite social media marketers.
290 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 41 mins duration .