Manage episode 246647231 series 1543412
In this episode, the team wraps-up the Step In series by sharing personal reflections and what happens next. Nancy (@NancyWTech), Misty (@TrevinoMisty), and Kathryn (@kklaster) discuss the common themes found within the series, how they now notice and experience white privilege or heteronormative privilege, and ways they're stepping in in their roles.
Ideas mentioned in many of the episodes: relationships, intentionality, empathy, and self-work.
Resources and additional ideas mentioned:
- How to be an Antiracist, Ibram X Kendi
- This is not a joke, podcast episode from Embedded
- 3 Dimensions of Professional Learning for Equity, Learning Forward
- ISTE Standards for Leaders
- Our panel participants from a recent conference
- #CoffeeEDU tweet from Marvia Davidson (and Marvia found her image on nappy.co, which is a site of "beautiful, high-res photos of black and brown people. For free.")
- UnDraw Illustrations
- Women of Color in Tech Flickr
- North Texas ITS (Region 10-11 group for digital coaches) - bring a friend to our February meeting!
- Video - Standing Up: What is calling out versus calling in?
- The Water Dancer
- Border Child
- Coaching and Culturally Responsive Teaching, ASCD EL, interview with Zaretta Hammond
- How to Address Tough Topics in Staff Meetings, Edutopia