Manage episode 236086964 series 1940112
April brought us stories and books about the merging of the biological and artificial, zombification, organic routers, and much more. Plus we talk about what we’ve been reading, our favorite stories this month, and translations that we wish we could have yesterday.
Remember: with new stories and books coming to their attention each week, make sure to check the SFT website for updates. Enjoy, and keep reading!
P.S. It’s Jen’s fault this is late! Sorry about that, folks!
- SFT Out in April
- Books we’re reading/want to read
- Waste Tide by Chen Qiufan, translated from the Chinese by Ken Liu (Tor Books).
- The Weight of Snow by Christian Guay-Poliquin, translated from the French (Quebec) by David Homel (Talonbooks).
- Dark Constellations by Pola Oloixarac, translated from the Spanish (Argentina) by Roy Kesey (Soho Press).
- Flowers of Mold by Ha Seong-Nan, translated from the Korean by Janet Hong (Open Letter).
- Our favorite stories
- “The Flowering” by Soyeon Jeong, translated from the Korean by Jihyun Park and Gord Sellar, Clarkesworld Magazine, April 1.
- “Seventy-Seven” by by Francisco Ortega, translated from the Spanish by David Bowles, The Dark Magazine, April 4.
- “The Last Journey” by Florin Purluca, translated from the Romanian by the author, SFinTranslation.com, April.
- “In Search of Your Memories,” by Nian Yu, translated from the Chinese by Andy Dudak, Clarkesworld Magazine, April 1.
- “Paulina” by Laura Ponce, translated from the Spanish by Toshiya Kamei (Moon City Review).
- “I Have a Secret” by Raquel Castro, translated from the Spanish by Lawrence Schimel, Tales From the Shadow Booth #3, April.
- What we’re looking forward to
- The Redemption of Time by Baoshu, translated from the Chinese by Ken Liu (Tor Books).
- The Heart of the Circle by Keren Landsman, translated from the Hebrew by Daniella Zamir (Angry Robot).
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes Vol.9: Upheaval by Yoshiki Tanaka, translated from the Japanese by Matt Treyvaud (Haikasoru).
- Whiskey Tales by Jean Ray, translated by Scott Nicolay (Wakefield Press).
- Translations we want
- The entirety of The Straggler by Flemish author Yves Petry
- Reader’s corner
- Afro SF Vol. 3, ed. Ivor Hartmann (StoryTime)
- Mars by Asja Bakić, translated from the Croatian by Jennifer Zoble (Feminist Press).
- General Links
Feel free to shoot us an email at skiffyandfanty [at] gmail [dot] com! You can also leave a comment on our website.
408 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 57 mins duration .