Manage episode 219066813 series 2286104
In episode 157 Chad sits down with youth ministry director Angela Amerine to talk about falling into the calling and restoring the joy in youth ministry. The insight that she shares is timely for a season of ministry so cluttered with opportunities and distractions.
About Angela Amerine: I have been serving in Student Ministries for 14 years in Inner city and suburban settings, in small and large group contexts. I currently serves as the Student Ministries Program Coordinator at Kentwood Community Church in the greater Grand Rapids Michigan area. I met my incredible husband Jared while serving as a youth pastor, and as of this month we have been married for 12 years! I am the mom to 2 amazing kids who I homeschool in my “free time”. I did my undergraduate work in Elementary Education at Spring Arbor University, and graduate work in Worship Leadership at Azusa Pacific University. Leading worship, raising up adult and student leaders, and coming up with creative ways to reach students for Jesus are some of my favorite things about what I get to do on a daily basis!
Friend Angela On Facebook
Free Entry For Your Chance To Win $500 of prizes for a year!
Contribute To The Conversation About #WomenInYM
Key Takeaway: The best thing you could ever do is be dependent on the Lord
- Learning to listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit has been the biggest lesson for me
- The greatest success is seeing the ministry that we did impacted his life and his trajectory
- The best way to get a volunteer is to directly ask them
- Prompt volunteers to the best fit and not just helping out
- The best thing you could ever do is be dependent on the Lord
- Everyday praying to God, I cannot create a cool enough program, or do enough to change somebody’s heart.
- The moments of utter dependence...[are deeply true youth ministry]
- The best thing any youth pastor can do is care for their own soul
- Don’t get distracted (even in our youth ministry realm) from the main thing
170 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 30 mins duration .