Manage episode 228358017 series 2286218
In this week's podcast I'm joined by Brianna Battles. Brianna is a Strength Coach who specialises in Pregnant and Post-Partum Athletes. She's the owner of Everyday Battles and provides fantastic education courses for Coaches.
In the episode Brianna and I discuss:
- Brianna's experience with both of her pregnancies and how it lead her to become the coach she wished she had for her pregnancy and post-partum rehab.
- The fallacy of taking the "continue what you've always done" and "listen to your body" approach when working with pregnant clients.
- The importance of individual screening when it comes to assessing how clients breathe during lifts to ensure core and pelvic floor integrity isn't being compromised.
- Why Brianna screens previous training and sport history so thoroughly with all her clients.
- Why Brianna created her Coaching Course and why she is currently upgrading the content.
- The importance of managing the psychological impact of pregnancy and post-partum and how Brianna helps clients manage insecurities, frustration and ego.
- The importance of allowing yourself to be vulnerable and letting change happen.
If you'd like to increase your knowledge on Pregnancy and Post-Partum be sure to check out Brianna's website, Instagram and sign up for her free ebooks or Education course.
Free ebooks: http://www.briannabattles.com/resources/
Education Course: https://pregnancyandpostpartumathleticism.com/p/pregnancy-and-postpartum-athleticism
139 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 41 mins duration .