Manage episode 228868659 series 2286218
In this week's episode I'm joined by Psychologist and Cognitive Therapist Dr. Lora Capobianco who's predominant area of focus is on Mental Health Research.
I asked Lora to come on the Podcast to discuss the very popular topic of stress as there is a lot of incorrect information being shared on stress, what it is, how it impacts individuals and how to manage it. Lora is here to tell you exactly what the current research tells us.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why stress is individual to everyone and how it can impact the body.
- How worry, rumination and negative thoughts impact stress and can prolong it's impact.
- How to manage stress and the importance of resiliency.
- If coaches in the Fitness Industry are deluding themselves with how much they can truly help manage the impact of stress on their clients.
- Lora's frustrations with those providing incorrect information and "solutions" for stress and the importance of staying in your lane.
- The inaccuracies of a current popular book on stress and the harm it could be causing by incorrectly labelling stressors as Macro and Micro.
- Why stress isn't bad.
138 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 42 mins duration .