Manage episode 237523233 series 2286218
In this week's episode, I'm joined by Phil Daru. Phil is the head Strength and Conditioning Coach for American Top Team where he coaches some of the World's top Fighters. Phil is also a gym owner, owner of Daru Strong and has himself been a D1 Football Player, Bodybuilder, Fighter and Powerlifter.
In the episode we discuss:
- With such a broader spectrum of qualifications, industry experience and personal competitive experience, how does Phil blend his training approach for his fighters and what has each of his personal competitive disciplines taught him that he now applies to his fighters.
- How, why and when Phil utilises a Triphasic Training approach with his athletes.
- What typical challenges Phil faces when coaching fighters and what do most fighters typically lack.
- Mobility VS Flexibility
- Phil's approach to energy system training during and between fight camps.
- How Phil approaches recovery and fatigue management with his athletes.
- How Phil Coaches those looking to move up weight categories.
Phil gives a real insight into how he prepares his fighters to perform at their peak plus a host of other great information that can help you as a Coach or Athlete improve.
For more from Phil:
148 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 42 mins duration .