Manage episode 237991975 series 2286218
In this week's episode, I'm joined again by Dan Reeve. Dan is a great coach and mentor who really walks the talk having competed in Professional Football, International Strongman and is now back doing Ironman.
In the episode, we deep dive into what is required to compete in an Ironman, Half Iron and Olympic Triathlons.
- What Dan's prior goal to the Ironman based on preparing his physique for a photoshoot taught him and how he feels it helped him transition back to Ironman.
- How Dan prepares his mindset before and during the long and often gruelling training sessions.
- How Dan manages the overall volume of training and ensures recovery week to week.
- What physical preparation is required prior to starting Ironman training to build resiliency for future training work.
- How Dan builds out the training program for an Ironman and manages the different variables of each required training modality.
149 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 41 mins duration .