Manage episode 234501171 series 2286218
This week I'm joined by Kelly Coffey. Kelly is the owner of Strong Coffey Personal Training, a former addict and someone whose personal journey has seen her lose 150lbs. Kelly now coaches other women to overcome addiction.
In the episode we discuss:
- Kelly's personal backstory with addiction.
- How weight loss surgery helped Kelly's initial weight loss but didn't help her address her internal behaviours and feelings.
- The initial steps Kelly took to start taking care of herself and how she managed, what would seem to many to be an insurmountable challenge.
- Why Kelly focuses on Deep Pleasures over Cheap Pleasures.
- How to deal with guilt, shame and begin to trust yourself again.
- How Kelly helps her clients manage self-sabotage.
- How Kelly manages relapse and the discomfort of behaviour change.
This was a hugely insightful episode and Kelly's message, zest for life and daily approach to self-management is one we can all learn from.
For more Kelly Coffey:
Kelly's FREE online workshop schedule for Why We Sabotage Ourselves with Food and What We Can Do About It is here: bit.ly/rightwithfood
140 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 41 mins duration .