Manage episode 230762381 series 2286218
This week my guest is Kevin Carr. Kevin is a Strength Coach at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning, Co-owner of Movement as Medicine and also travels the World delivering the Certified Functional Strength Coach Course.
In the episode we discuss:
- How lifestyle and exercise intervention can improve long-term cognitive health.
- Kevin's 5 strategies for improved long-term cognitive health.
- How grip strength and push-ups can be used as indicators of health and disease.
- The importance of tri-planar movement within a training program and how Kevin and MBSC achieve this with everyone from High School athletes to Gen' Pop'.
- The importance of tracking heart rate during training and how it can be most effectively utilised.
- The issues Kevin sees with the perception of the Fitness Industry, who's to blame and how we can overcome these perceptions.
Where to find Kevin:
Kevin Carr: https://www.instagram.com/kev_in_carr/
Movement as Medicine: https://www.instagram.com/movementasmedicine/
Certified Functional Strength Coach: https://www.instagram.com/certifiedfsc/