Manage episode 227840292 series 2286218
This week I'm joined by Leigh Peele. Leigh is a PT, Coach, Mentor and published Author who's primary areas of focus are fat-loss, body composition, lifestyle habits and psychology.
You know the conversation is going to be awesome when Leigh drops a Vanilla Ice lyric in the first 5 minutes!
In this episode Leigh and I discuss:
- Leigh's approach to problem solving and her current area of focus "how do we get people to achieve what they want to achieve in a vacuum?"
- Why we want to stay in our psychological comfort zones and why we must rock the boat to create defined significant change.
- The power of "putting your mortgage on it" when it comes to accountability and adherence.
- What Leigh's current findings are when it comes to the research on procrastination and why self-efficacy and knowing where you need to get are two key factors to address to overcome it.
- The impact that social norms play when pursuing goals.
- Why, as humans, we like groups to identify with and the importance of finding your community.
Plus so much more incredible conversation.
If you're familiar with Leigh's work you already know this episode will be nothing short of fantastic. If Leigh is new to you this episode will leave you wanting more Leigh Peele guaranteed.
140 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 41 mins duration .