Manage episode 232651792 series 2286218
My guest this week is Coach, Massage Therapist and Educator Marco Sanchez. Marco is the Fitness Manager for Equinox and is the Owner of Happy Hour.
In this episode we discuss:
- The biggest adjustments and challenges Marco has had to overcome since moving away from Mike Boyle Strength & Conditioning after a decade there.
- Why Marco started Happy Hour. It's key areas of focus and what Marco's philosophy is for each element.
- How athletes and coaches have to evolve when working together for a decade.
- The biggest gaps Marco sees in new coach's skill sets and what he believes are key pillars for them to establish.
- Marco's thoughts on a recent national article stating that "Social media influencers give bad diet and fitness advice 8 times out of 9".
- The impact social media is having on coaches and people in general when it comes to communication and interpersonal skills.
For more from Marco:
138 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 42 mins duration .