Manage episode 225938499 series 2286218
This week I'm joined for the third time by the wonderful Meghan Callaway. Meghan is a Strength Coach, Fitness Writer and Author.
In this episode we discuss:
- Meghan's journey overcoming a recent injury where she experienced significant movement limitations, loss of daily function and athleticism and had to overcome the psychological challenges that significant injury brings with it.
- The curse of knowledge when you're a coach and you're injured.
- How sleep deprivation was one of the hardest factors Meghan had to overcome during her injury.
- How the injury impacted Meghan psychologically and the impact that therapy, prior to the injury, had on her helping her to manage the situation.
- Why focusing on daily movement PRs kept Meghan going and helped her highlight the bright spots during her recovery.
- The importance of focusing on what you can do when injured and crushing those areas.
- How Meghan reintroduced lower body lifting, plyometrics, running and conditioning back into her training post-injury.
Plus a whole lot more
139 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 41 mins duration .