Manage episode 237288677 series 2286218
In this week's Hump Day Q'n'A I answer another listeners question; "what are my favourite conditioning exercises for supporting a strongman/woman program".
Although this episode is discussed in the context of Strongman/woman the principles behind how I view and approach conditioning can be applied to anyone who includes or wishes to include Conditioning in their programs
In this episode I discuss:
- The definition of capacity, what it means in the context of training and the common errors I see with conditioning.
- The importance of specificity and ensuring that your conditioning works with your program in both energy system and equipment.
- Why you must intelligently program your conditioning to avoid creating competing demands for adaptation and recovery.
- The value in Aerobic Conditioning work and the 3 methods to use.
- What my approach to conditioning would be for the "off-season", 12-6 Weeks out from the competition and during a 6-week competition peak for a Strongman/woman.
148 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 42 mins duration .