Manage episode 227987680 series 2286416
Episode 61 Show Notes
Topic of the show:
Delta Whiskey sent in some questions regarding a recent show on the Aviation News Talk podcast, hosted by Max Trescott. During their discussion about ForeFlight, Master CFI Gary Reeves made some remarks relevant to air traffic and we try to relate them to the TRIAD. RH and AG also discuss filing IFR flight plans, alternates, weather minimums required at your destination, and good practices using arrival and departure procedures. Thanks for the great questions, DW!
Special thank you to Max Trescott for allowing us to use some of his audio for our show. Check out his podcast: Aviation News Talk. It’s a must listen for anyone that loves aviation!
- Delta Zulu is getting used to his new initials for the show.
- Bravo Papa sent in a kind correction to an error made in Episode 60. Thank you, BP!
- India Mike, a controller in Australia, is a new listener and sent in a collection of feedback. Thank you, IM!
- Bravo Juliet sent in a thanks regarding our response to his feedback regarding lost communications with ATC. Thank you, BJ!
- RH2 sent in questions for the show. Thank you, RH2! What flight was she talking about?
- Delta Hotel sent in comments about the hosts and their values. Thanks, DH!
- Captain Nick sent in an audio question about drones. Don’t miss his 3 part series on “Speedbird 38” on his show: Plane Tales. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3. Well done, sir! If you haven't heard this amazing production, check it out now!
Flying and Life podcast! Check it out!
ForeFlight electronic flight bag; an amazing product!
Question of the Week/Month
Trivia for the instrument pilots out there: Can you file an IFR flight plan to an airport without an instrument approach procedure? What considerations must be made regarding an alternate?
We are often asked, “How can I support the show?” In addition to rating the show on iTunes, leaving a review, or shares, likes, and retweets on social media, we have another way you can support the show. You can now support our show using Patreon or visiting our support page on the website.
Keep the feedback coming, it drives the show! Don’t be shy, use the “Send Audio to AG and RH” button on the website and record an audio message. Or you can send us comments or questions to email@example.com. Find us on twitter @opposing_bases.
Have a great week and thanks for listening!
77 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 64 mins duration .