Manage episode 241219115 series 2286820
Our guest today on the podcast, Delisa Richardson, has dedicated her life to finding the balance of living with chronic illness, recovery from being a survivor, being a mom and wife, and working with clients in her coaching business. As she outlines in her bio:
Delisa Richardson Wellness focuses on empowering women to break the chains of trauma and abuse. I work with you to develop Mental, Emotional, Physical and Spiritual balance & wholeness. This will enable you to thrive and live your BEST life! My goal as a certified Integrative Wellness & Life Coach, NLP, EFT practitioner, and Hypnotherapist, is to help break the chains of trauma, end destructive relationships, help you to learn to love yourself not only survive but THRIVE! You will learn how to fully and confidently step into your life purpose.
During our chat, Delisa and I talk about some of her survivor story, which started around the 9 and lasted until she was 13. She shares how and why she kept her abuse a secret and how it affected her all throughout her teenage years and into early adulthood, especially in the area of relationships.
- You'll learn the circumstances that transpired which lead her to seek the help of a therapist, what it was like to verbalize for the first time, out loud, that she was a survivor of abuse.
- Delisa talks about the struggles of being in abusive relationships, both physically and verbally, as a result of childhood trauma, and how the events of her past affected her ability to seek out healthy relationships and enforce boundaries.
- We discuss the importance of releasing the shame and guilt that comes with being a survivor of childhood trauma, and how recording her own voice, by listening to how she talked to herself; internalizing all of the shame and blame, helped her move forward and break that cycle.
- Her life with inflammatory bowel disease, and how living with chronic pain and illness can be traced back to the childhood trauma she experienced.
- We discuss how healing from trauma is a life long battle and the hope that comes from putting in the hard work of healing so you can live the life you want and be the person you want to be.
- Releasing yourself from the need to try and control the people around you or the events in your life, and how the process of healing helps you release that need and realize that you actually have very little control over most of your life.
If you enjoy these podcasts would you consider doing 3 easy things for us?
- Share it with one person who might find it helpful.
- Leave a review on your favorite podcasting app.
- Follow the podcast on that same app, so you never miss an episode.
That’s it…Super Easy and it would mean the world to us.
All conversation and information exchanged during participation on Beyond Your Past Radio and BeyondYourPastRadio.com is intended for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing on the podcast or posted on the above-mentioned website are supplements for or supersedes the relationship and direction of your medical or mental health providers.
Support the show