Manage episode 231565125 series 2286820
Have you ever said to yourself, "if I only knew then what I know now?" It's quite likely you are nodding your head in agreement, as that old saying is timeless. For better or worse, it's one of those things that gets passed down from generation to generation. It comes in especially handy when you're giving advice to a child about what you've experienced and what they can learn from your mistakes. Of course, we all know we've heard that and didn't listen right?..but I digress.
Anyway, we wanted to share some of the things that we've learned along the way during times of deep healing in therapy, wisdom shared with us from therapists, friends, and others, or just revelations that come to us in the middle of the night. Don't you just love it when those happen?
So what have we learned?
- Reaching out for help is hard, but necessary.
- For that matter, it doesn't make you weak when you reach out for support.
- Gaining a greater awareness of yourself, and knowing your limits.
- Knowing when to go all in with healing and when to take a break; listening to your body.
- Focusing on your strengths, rather than "what's wrong with you".
- How you talk to yourself
- Self-Care as a preemptive strategy to help with burnout in trauma recovery.
- A few more important ones that you'll have to listen to find out. :)
- Matthew Pappas, CLC, MPNLP & Joanne Cipressi, CHt, CNLP
If you enjoy these podcasts would you consider doing 3 easy things for us?
- Share it with someone who might find it helpful.
- Leave a review on your favorite podcasting app.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
That's it...Super Easy and it would mean the world to us.
All conversation and information exchanged during participation on the Beyond Your Past Podcast, on BeyondYourPast.com, and BeyondYourPastRadio.com is intended for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing on these podcasts or posted on the above-mentioned websites are supplements for or supersedes the relationship and direction of your medical or mental health providers.
Support the show (https://beyondyourpastradio.com/how-you-can-help-support-the-podcast/)