Manage episode 231853218 series 2286887
You can’t fully explain it. But we’ve all experienced the phenomenon: Inner tugs that just won’t let us go. What are callings? How do we define vocation? Inspired by one of our first and most-popular episodes, "Hashtag Blessed," comes "Hashtag Called." Gina Ciliberto hosts a conversation on what it means to be “called” with co-hosts Alissa Molina, Kayla Craig, and Lindsy Wallace.
In this episode, we:
- Unpack what “calling” means (and doesn’t mean) to our hosts
- Ask about when vocations/callings are not so much about happily communing with God and understanding personal mission but, rather, a source of anxiety
- Wonder if (and how) it’s possible to have more than one true calling
- Explore callings as they relate to prestige or success
- See how callings come through others
Join us as we dive into that inner-pull, that haunting thing that is “a calling.”
Recommended reading & resources:
- Leonard Lopate on Calling
- Callings: The Purpose and Passion of Work by Dave Isay
- Laura Fanucci runs the Communities of Calling Initiative for the Collegeville Institute at Saint John’s University in Minnesota. As part of her theological work on vocation, she has written To Bless Our Callings: Prayers, Poems, and Hymns to Celebrate Vocation and co-authored Living Your Discipleship: 7 Ways to Express Your Deepest Calling.
News, Notes, and Links:
- Support more conversations like this on Upside Down Podcast! Please visit us, where you can pledge a few dollars of monthly support to help us pay our bills and keep the conversations going.
- Learn more at Upside Down Podcast.
- We’re on Instagram, too.
- Join the Upside Down Tribe on Facebook!
Support the show