Manage episode 250847679 series 2287055
We are excited to shine a spotlight on another amazing Speaker/Presenter from the Social Media Influencer Summit! Today we’re talking with David Perry who is an expert developer in the gaming industry. David has created multiple successful companies and games, including Aladdin, The Matrix, The Terminator and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. David is wildly successful, with his last two companies being acquired by Sony PlayStation and Atari. He’s won a Development Legend Award. He's spoken all over the world at conferences and universities, even on the cherished TED stage!
We’re excited to have him on the podcast to talk all things eCommerce and get his unique perspective on the industry.
David is going to talk about his career, how to be innovative in today’s eCommerce space, the intersection of modern influencer marketing and eCommerce! I’m only covering some of the key takeaways and highlights here in the email. Be sure to go and listen to the full podcast with David over at www.winningwithshopify.com/summit. You can sign up today for free and you’ll get three days full access where you can listen to David’s full interview!
Questions I covered:
- How did David get his start in the gaming industry and what led him to the influencer space?
- How does gaming intersect with the influencer space?
- What makes good influencer content? What do influencers care about?
- How do you find the right influencer? Why is this so important?
- How does David influencer technology company (Carro) work?
- What are some examples of brands that are great case studies to look towards for inspiration?
- Influencers bring a human aspect to business strategy and marketing. They are able to tell a brand what they would and wouldn’t do as a consumer, what their audience might like or dislike and what motivates them. Once a brand takes the time to fully understand the type of person they are working with, it is easier to benefit from their influence.
- A social influencer is more than happy to promote a product that they love. Most influencers want to promote something they believe in, because it makes the promotion authentic and provides a better experience for their social fans and followers. Some influencers will even promote a brand they love for free! As opposed to getting paid to promote a brand they aren’t personally invested in.
- Uncover how influencers interact with and view brands that need influencer promotion. David is developing an Influencer technology platform to help brands and influencers connect and find products. There are plenty of features that will be added in the upcoming months. This is something to keep an eye out for on the horizon.
Make sure you are giving your customers the best service possible. Gorgias is a customer support helpdesk specially designed for online stores. Get flawless customer service for eCommerce stores today! https://gorgias.grsm.io/askparkeroffer
Support the show (https://www.facebook.com/groups/WinningWithShopify/)