Manage episode 205062398 series 2296031
Maggie Haberman covers the White House for The New York Times.
“If I start thinking about it, then I’m not going to be able to just keep doing my job. I'm being as honest as I can — I try not to think about it. If you’re flying a plane and you think about the fact that if the plane blows up in midair you’re gonna die, do you feel like you can really focus as well? So, I’m not thinking about [the stakes]. This is just my job. This is what we do. Ask me another question.”
Thanks to MailChimp for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Haberman on Longform
- [01:45] "Manafort Talks With Senate Investigators About Meeting With Russians" (with Eileen Sullivan and Adam Goldman • New York Times • Jul 2017)
- [02:15] Haberman’s New York Times archive
- [02:30] Haberman’s New York Post archive
- [02:30] Haberman’s New York Daily News archive
- [03:15] readthissummer.com
- [03:15] "Paladino assails Cuomo’s parenting" (Politico • Oct 2010)
- [08:30] Harold and the Purple Crayon (Crockett Johnson • Harper Collins • 2015)
- [12:15] "Inside Donald Trump’s Last Stand: An Anxious Nominee Seeks Assurance" (with Ashley Parker, Jeremy W. Peters, and Michael Barbaro • New York Times • Nov 2016)
- [19:15] Private Parts
- [21:30] "Excerpts From the Times’s Interview With Trump" (with Peter Baker and Michael S. Schmidt • New York Times • Jul 2017)
- [32:45] "Trump and Staff Rethink Tactics After Stumbles" (with Glenn Thrush • New York Times • Feb 2017)
- [35:15] Steve Dunleavy’s New York Post archive
- [44:15] Broadcast News
329 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 58 mins duration .