Manage episode 208518850 series 2339060
This week on Yoga | Birth | Babies, I speak with well known Physical Therapist, Isa Herrera. Our discussion is centered primarily around diastisis, a healthy balanced pelvic floor and how to make intelligent decisions about what type of activities to continue during pregnancy.
Topics discussed are:
- An explanation of what diastisis is and the importance of not over stretching the abdominal muscles and linia alba during pregnancy
- Some problems that arise from not modifying one’s yoga practice or physical activity when pregnant
- Specific poses that women should avoid that can cause this problem
- Can women simply trust their intuition when making decisions as to what to practice in yoga and other activities. Would she necessarily feel damage happening?
- Repercussions during pregnancy and birth you have seen due to diastisis or an overly tight or unbalanced pelvic floor or misaligned pelvis
- What happens if someone has diastisis post-baby? The road back from repair with diastisis
- Why is it important to women’s health to have a functional core- pelvic floor and transverses abdominals?
- Are some women more prone to pelvic floor issues and diastisis then others?
- The influence on social media and how pregnant women and new mothers view themselves and the impact on a healthy body.
For more information on Isa’s work visit: www.PelvicPainRelief.com
on facebook: @isaherrerapelvichealer
on instragram: @isa_herrera_pelvic_healer
Isa is a licensed physical therapist and an expert in integrative pelvic floor therapies in the field of women’s health. She developed her expertise in diagnosing and treating pelvic pain by helping over fourteen thousand women at her NYC-based healing center Renew Physical Therapy since 2005.
124 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 19 mins duration .