Manage episode 246690748 series 2342396
In this episode Rob takes his several years of experience and knowledge of being a disruptive entrepreneur and explains the traits he’s also often recognised with people who are also disruptive entrepreneurs. These 10 traits are discussed by Rob and why he believes they are traits of these types of entreprenures.
- Most disruptive entrepreneurs are impatient and hate things being slow. This also includes not liking internal politics and hierarchy. But this can be good as it means you’re first to market.
- They’re prepared to be wrong in order to be right, often learning from their mistakes.
- Many consider these type of entrepreneurs to be ‘crazy’ which means they get a kick out of having unproven ideas. But these people make the impossible, possible.
- They’re prepared to not be liked and loathed in order to be admired and respected. If you want to disrupt then you’re going to have to have people dislike you on the way.
- They often cause chaos and disorder because they change and are impulsive.
- Entrepreneurs who are disruptive are also often visionaries so are able to tell the future before it’s happened because they can create their future.
- They’re prepared to fail often and fast because they tend to have a testing mentality where they get their product out as soon as possible without having it made perfect first. This could mean that there are often less worried about risk.
- It’s common that disruptive entrepreneurs are delusional because they often believe that they can do things that everyone else deems as impossible.
- They expect and believe that they can draw more out of people than others can. So they deem a lot more things to be possible than a lot of others, often leading them to believe that they can do more than what they can’t do.
‘Every upside has a downside’.
‘Speed often wins’.
‘Always be live testing your products’
ABOUT THE HOST
Rob Moore is an author of 9 business books, 5 UK bestsellers, holds 3 world records for public speaking, entrepreneur, property investor and property educator. Author of global bestseller “Life Leverage” Host of UK’s No.1 business podcast “The Disruptive Entrepreneur”
“If you don't risk anything, you risk everything”
- Rob’s official website: https://robmoore.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robmooreprogressive/?ref=br_rs
- LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robmoore1979
ABOUT THE GUEST
Host of the Lead with Levity podcast for progressive business leaders on the forefront of employee experience and workplace culture, Dr Heather Walker. Heather’s goal is to shine a light on the power of levity at work through interviews, case studies, and new research.