Manage episode 246255251 series 2342396
Something that the majority of people experience is having a job and it’s imposed upon you when you finish when you can do things and when you can’t do things. Many people share the same dream of being their own boss and not having anyone tell them what they have to do. But when it comes to actually 'starting' their own business they tend to find them stuck in a day, which leads to missing the structure of having a full time job. In this episode Rob explains how you can overcome this.
- Something that the majority of people experience is having a job and it’s imposed upon you when you finish, when you can do things and when you can’t do things. Many people share the same dream of being their own boss and not having anyone tell them what they have to do.
- Having a clear, structures and compartmental diary will help you overcome the common question of “how do you manage to get so much done?”.
- Everyone’s individual so to believe that the theory of having less sleep to get more done isn’t correct. It’s about finding what works for you best. Test out different times to find what times you’re most productive and alter your diary to suit that.
- Robs book Routine = Results walks you through how you can do this and also helps you get the basics right, such as exercising, eating right and getting enough sleep, before anything else.
- Put your income generating and high earning tasks in the time zones where you’ve got the most energy so you can be the most productive and get the highest quality work done.
- Don’t stop focusing on your key life areas such as date nights with your partner, seeing your kids or doing a hobby. Just book in that time to do these things in your diary because it’s important not to get obsessed with your business.
‘Being a new entrepreneur can be a massive shock of culture change’.
‘Structure equals freedom’
‘Don’t get too obsessed with your business’
‘Create your own structure to suit you’.
ABOUT THE HOST
Rob Moore is an author of 9 business books, 5 UK bestsellers, holds 3 world records for public speaking, entrepreneur, property investor and property educator. Author of global bestseller “Life Leverage” Host of UK’s No.1 business podcast “The Disruptive Entrepreneur”
“If you don't risk anything, you risk everything”
- Rob’s official website: https://robmoore.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robmooreprogressive/?ref=br_rs
- LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robmoore1979
ABOUT THE GUEST
Host of the Lead with Levity podcast for progressive business leaders on the forefront of employee experience and workplace culture, Dr Heather Walker. Heather’s goal is to shine a light on the power of levity at work through interviews, case studies, and new research.