Manage episode 247744753 series 2342396
Want is the secret behind billionaire success? what are the traits or entrepreneurs, leaders and philanthropists? In today’s revealing episode Rob interviews International Speaker, Entrepreneur & Best Selling Author, Grant Cardone. Listen in to discover the trials and tribulations of Grant’s success, what it takes to overcome an addiction and how you too can shift your attitude away from fear and towards success.
- Why do we need billionaires? Yeah, we need people taking the risk. People need to take more risk, people need to put themselves out there. People need to hire people. There are too many small companies in too much small thinking going on. Billionaires do pay a lot more taxes to the government than people think. The problem that people need to complain about right now is not the billionaires, because what they're saying is there's income inequality, wealth inequality, but the reality is there's education inequality. The billionaires play by a different set of rules than everybody else. You need to learn how to win in the game, don't hate anybody, don't hate the game, don't hate the player, learn the game.
- Can anyone become a billionaire? Yes, anyone can become a billionaire if you made, one; major decision. Number two; got the right vehicle, and three; didn't quit on it.
- Why do you love micromanaging? Operate your business like it's an organism that needs its vitals checked. Be the one most interested and have an eye for things that other people for whatever reason don't say. So rather than getting furious about them not doing it or not seeing it are quitting, just turn it over to them. Trust no one to do their job, tell them to show you. How much did you spend, show me? I want to see it. Have that need to want to know every detail of the important things in your company. It’s either you micromanage now or wait until the things in cardiac arrest.
- When you do these things, how do you want to be known? And then that might be linked to, why don't you just do one thing about real estate? I want to be known for helping people. Nobody's going to remember how much real estate, the plane I've flown or how much money I have, nobody. Nobody's ever remembered for that. Bill Gates won't be remembered for being the richest person in the world. He'll be remembered for he did something special.
- As a drug addict, how did you shift from that and become so successful? When there's no male figure in a family, worldwide these numbers, drug addiction, incarceration, suicides, like grades, not completing schools, every major indicator for a kid, girl or boy, when there's no father present, they get destroyed. When I was 10, my dad died, 16 I got introduced to drugs. And I didn't plan on being a drug addict. I think I went for treatment when I was 25. Between the ages of 16 and 25, nine years, I tried to quit drugs for 10 times a day for nine years. That’s when I decided to quit drugs.
- How do you manage your energy? How do you balance all these things that you do? Not everyone can manage their energy, not everybody takes responsibility for their energy. The thing to do is to take responsibility for the energy. I don't manage anything, I'm running controlling and I’m running the operation. Energy comes from doing what you love and being passionate about it. I would tell people to follow the money or be in a game that you are sure that you’re going to win. If the world will not reward you, if the world will not say, “Here, I want to exchange something I find valuable with something you do.” You might want to look at a different thing today because if it's valuable, people will pay you for it.
- What is Scientology? Scientology is a practical, it is not what you see in the papers, the tabloids, CNN, or the quitter on the documentary, it's for honest people, they want to take a look at their life and know they have more potential and if you believe you have more potential, what they do there is they show you ways to get rid of things that might be blocking the individual. They showed me how I can remove barriers in my life, self-imposed barriers, self-imposed destructive thinking, ideas, weird reactions I had to situations, the inhibition to talk to people, the ability to have confidence in any room or an interview or to know how to communicate.
- Why do you believe in Scientology? I've been interested in my whole life and who I am. Why am I either winning in life or having troubles in life? What does it take to make a marriage work? What does it take to make money work? What does it take to be happy? How can I find my purpose? Where's my energy? Scientology's helped me with all these things?
- What's your attitude towards fear and risk? You got to take the risk. The best way to stay out of harm's way is to be the most dangerous person in the room.
- “You'd rather have bad up than perfect not.”
- “If you let everybody contribute to an idea, you would end up with nothing.”
- “Intelligence is overrated, but speed gets rewarded.”
- “You need to learn how to win in the game, don't hate anybody, don't hate the game, don't hate the player, learn the game.”
- “It takes money to move things, you're not going to move the bar on anything on this planet today.”
- “Accountability is underrated, the easiest person to lie to yourself.”
- “It’s either time or money, decide which one you are running.”
- “Procrastination is the curse of perfectionism.”
- “Make sure frequency and speed are over quality. Quality comes as you go.”
- “Staying small never works.”
- “The great secret about Scientology is how many super, super successful business people use it because a successful businessman knows or businesswoman knows money's not everything.”
- “The only people that think a million dollars a lot of money is the people that don't have it. The only people that think you can live on a million pounds are the people that don't have a million pounds.”
- “Start investing money.”
- Alexander McQueen documentary.
- Bob Hope Documentary.
ABOUT THE GUEST
CEO of CardoneCapital, international speaker, entrepreneur and author of The 10X Rule & creator of 21 best-selling business programs, Grant Cardone owns & operates seven privately held companies and a $1.4B portfolio of multifamily properties. Named the #1 marketer to watch by Forbes Magazine, Cardone is also the founder of The 10X Movement & The 10 Growth Conference, the world’s largest business & entrepreneur conference.
ABOUT THE HOST
Rob Moore is an author of 9 business books, 5 UK bestsellers, holds 3 world records for public speaking, entrepreneur, property investor, and property educator. Author of the global bestseller “Life Leverage” Host of UK’s No.1 business podcast “The Disruptive Entrepreneur”
“If you don't risk anything, you risk everything”
- Rob’s official website: https://robmoore.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robmooreprogressive/?ref=br_rs
- LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robmoore1979