Manage episode 245916893 series 2342396
Bodybuilding Coach, Entrepreneur, Mentor & Best Selling Author, Phil Graham
Do you want to be inspired to achieve your goals and dreams, overcome adversity and build a successful business turning your passion into your profession? In today’s episode Rob interviews, bodybuilding coach, entrepreneur, mentor and best selling author of diabetic muscle and fitness guide, Phil Graham. Rob and Phil discuss what it takes to be successful in business and in life, how to overcome objections and build communities that help and serve the public. Tune in and listen to Phil share his life story, things he could control, lifestyle, nutrition, fitness and what it took for him to build a successful business and allow him to live longer.
- Wealth and business side of personal training - Its a really dense market, more people overweight therefore a large demand for the service. People who go to the gym and fall in love with it often decide they want to create a business for it. The big difference between passion and creating a business. Many people are good at the technical aspects but not on the business side of things. So many personal trainers become overwhelmed with the business aspect as they don’t have a vision for the future and focus on week to week and exchanging time for money.
- Phil was then inspired to write a book called the diabetic muscle fitness guide which is the world’s best selling book on diabetes and muscle building. Created a large society of people with diabetes who wanted to train and build muscle.
- Many young entrepreneurs think of the financial goals when it comes to business but take not consideration into their own long term vision.
- Master areas by learning. Phil had a plan and was methodical in his thinking and he learned that to become accountable, sometimes the action has to be a little bit blind.
- Many entrepreneurs become scared to let their businesses go for fear of it messing up, someone once said to him, “you cannot lead an inspiring life if you do not delegate” many people fail as they feel that their losing money by delegating or that it won’t be done to their standards.
- The importance of having strong relationships outside of work, He and his wife are supporting each other by having a ‘huddle’ each morning to discuss outcomes for the day and expectations from each other in terms of their needs, and end the day with finding out their learnings from the day.
- A powerful quote that stood out “your thoughts are not reality, the reality is not your thoughts” in triggering moments, it is easy to ignore and perhaps look at social media as escapism. When he finds himself in triggering moments, the first thing he does is to say an affirmation to himself and ask what is this teaching you? What can you control and what can you not control?
- Have good internal frameworks and questioning to get yourself out of the emotional state, when you’re really emotional the intelligence is low.
“I’m a big believer in asking himself questions at the end of the day, how did the day go, what did you learn?”
“Successful people I’ve met, they take action and they ask for help.”
“I needed a kick in the ass to get into shape”
“With new-found knowledge I was able to build a great physique and found a love for bodybuilding, won many shows whilst competing and found happiness”
ABOUT THE HOST
Rob Moore is an author of 9 business books, 5 UK bestsellers, holds 3 world records for public speaking, entrepreneur, property investor, and property educator. Author of global bestseller “Life Leverage” Host of UK’s No.1 business podcast “The Disruptive Entrepreneur”
“If you don't risk anything, you risk everything”
- Rob’s official website: https://robmoore.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robmooreprogressive/?ref=br_rs
- LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/robmoore1979
ABOUT THE GUEST
Renowned competitive body builder and Sports Nutritionist Phil Graham (BSc, CSSN) has established himself as one of UK's leading fitness educators and coaches. He has helped coach and inspire a diverse range of clientele ranging from personal trainers, everyday members of the public right through to professional athletes across a wide variety of sports.
Phil educates 1000's of personal trainers each year through his seminars, workshops and attendance at some of the world's largest health and fitness exhibitions. He actively writes for almost every major fitness publication, hosts the ever-popular Podcast Elite Muscle Radio Podcast (available on iTunes) and works as Genetic Supplements resident nutrition expert for product development.
Phil suffers from Type 1 Diabetes and spends a considerable amount of time helping other people living with diabetes overcome obstacles and get the most out of life, especially when it comes to fitness, muscle building and fat loss. He has recently published a muscle building and fat loss fitness book for people living with diabetes (The Diabetic Muscle and Fitness Guide). And, is in the process of building the first ever online community that educated people with diabetes on the science of strength training, and body building - www.diabeticmuscleandfitness.com