Manage episode 291948185 series 2342396
Listen in to this Bonus episode of TDE as Rob gives a mini-master class on scaling from 6 to 7 figures in business. He shares proven tips and strategies on what you can do to make that next leap!
- Master one business/vertical and then grow out across your other ideas. Rob calls this cross-stream leverage.
- When you want to branch out and have multiple businesses try and choose ones that are related. If you have multiple businesses in multiple sectors you will be spread far too thin.
- Build a bigger database. Some people see this as old fashioned but email databases last, if social media platforms switch you off you still have your email database to rely on and that list is yours.
- Build your audience and distribution. The concept can be overwhelming but it’s about being clever, such as leveraging your time and repurposing your content.
- Have an ambassador or referral programme. This is free reach and marketing but it’s even more than that, you can offer extra value and resources to those who refer and build a community.
- If you master your emotions you master your business. When you are small you can certainly get away with more, especially how you react to things but as you get bigger this could be your downfall.
- There are endless ways to collaborate with others including interviews, joint ventures, speaking at events and so much more.
- Try not to spend your time and then have to re-spend it. If you are putting effort in then try and leverage it, for example instead of just doing a Facebook live, repurpose it and use it also as a podcast episode and shorten clips of it into youtube videos. Leverage and scale your initial effort.
- Having a rolling recruitment policy is a great way to scale up, it not only takes time to recruit but you should always been on the look-out for talent, it will help you grow.
- Hire smart people, give them all the resources they need, slightly too much work, all the training they need, career progression, feedback, education, give them projects and not tasks and let them crack on and don’t get in their way. That is the art of delegation.
- Multiple lead sources are key. If you only have one lead source then if anything happens you are completely stuck. Whether it is free, organic or paid for you need multiple ways of getting leads, if you aren’t make sales then that means you aren’t generating enough leads to begin with.
“This is all about distribution, and audience and reach”
“When you lose your shit and you run a business it costs you money”
“If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together”
“Have a rolling recruitment policy”
“It’s much better to pay for talent…pay proper money get proper talent”
ABOUT THE HOST
Rob Moore is an author of 9 business books, 5 UK bestsellers, holds 3 world records for public speaking, entrepreneur, property investor, and property educator. Author of the global bestseller “Life Leverage” Host of UK’s No.1 business podcast “The Disruptive Entrepreneur”
“If you don't risk anything, you risk everything”
Rob’s official website: https://robmoore.com/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.