Ep 64 - Our First Live Podcast Event With Andrew Rule, Julia Wilson, Anna From The Op Shop And Geoff Slattery
Manage episode 222136982 series 2343580
Join us for an EDITED version of our Live Podcast Lunch on Wednesday the 28th of November.
Caroline Wilson and Corrie Perkin are joined by Andrew Rule (who has just released his new book 'Winx' available HERE), publisher and cook Geof Slattery, Julia Wilson and Anna Barry (aka Anna From the Opshop.
FULL SHOW NOTES TO COME - refresh your podcast feed or visit via https://omny.fm/shows/don-t-shoot-the-messenger
Thank you to the hundred and ten plus listeners who joined us! We're proud to be able to contribute all proceeds from this event ( $12,500!) to Breast Cancer Network Australia to help them with their incredible work. For more details head to their website HERE.
Thanks to our sponsors and the whole team at The Interchnage Bench the leading provider of temporary and contract talent, for helping to make our live event possible.
Head to The Flying Duck Hotel's website for more details.
We love getting your comments and feedback and housekeeping each week. You can email the show via firstname.lastname@example.org
Like our Facebook page and hit 'Sign Up' to receive weekly updates HERE.
Follow us on Twitter via @dontshootpod
This event was Produced and Edited by Jane Nield and engineered and recorded by Darren McKenz ie for Crocmedia. Thanks so much to Coco Carter for her production assistance.
Anna's Christmas recipe: Turkey Brine
- essential for a (dare she says it) moist Turkey
8 litres of water
3 cups of apple cider vinegar
2 cups of brown sugar
1 cup of salt
3 tbsp of peppercorns
5 bay leaves
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 sprigs of Rosemary, leaves stripped off
The peel of 3 oranges
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large pot with 8 litres of cold water. Stir until salt and sugar dissolved. Bring it to boil, then turn off the heat and cover.
2. Allow to cool completely (the recipe takes a while so give yourself time). Then put in the fridge to chill. Place washed, uncooked Turkey in the chilled brine solution and refrigerate for 16 - 24 hours (event overnight is fine).
3. When ready for Christmas Day, remove the Turkey from the Brine, put it in another pot filled with cold water for 15mins, just to remove the excess salt.
4. Pat dry with paper towl and cook accoding to your normal roasting method.