Manage episode 283823984 series 2359661
Many dream of starting their own business one day. Well this week we’re going to have some fun and plan out our own start-up company using only open-source software. Whether you have your own business or plan to start one in the future, this is a segment you don’t want to miss. We’re also covering a new decentralized app that’s made it’s way to the market and we will be covering the SUDO vulnerability that’s hit every major Linux distro out there. Plus we’ve also got our famous tips, tricks and software picks. All of this and so much more this week on Destination Linux.
Hosts of Destination Linux:
Want to Support the Show?
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at https://destinationlinux.org/contact
- 00:00 = Welcome to DL 211
- 01:22 = PSA: Sudo Vulnerability aka Baron Samedit
- 03:21 = Community Feedback: Can you use Matrix to send different kinds of encrypted data?
- 09:15 = Digital Ocean – App Platform / Cloud ( https://do.co/dln )
- 10:58 = Tips & Tools For Using Open Source Software In A Business
- 43:31 = Bitwarden Password Manager ( https://bitwarden.com/dln )
- 47:12 = Movim = Decentralized Social Platform Powered By XMPP
- 53:05 = Gaming: Encodya = Cyberpunk Point & Click Adventure
- 54:44 = Software Spotlight: Speedcrunch = Advanced Calculator
- 56:36 = Tip of the Week: git help
- 57:41 = Outro
Software mentioned in this episode
This is not an exhaustive list of the software mentioned, there may be some missing from the list. If you are aware of anything we mentioned but did not provide a link to please leave a comment on the forum thread and we’ll update this list asap.