Manage episode 210870485 series 2372270
Ashley Ward ( @ashleymadhatter ) is a former journalist now serving as an expert content marketer and corporate evangelist for SEM Rush. Ashley previously founded and served as CEO for Madhouse Marketing performing digital marketing and business development.
In this episode, Ashley talks to me about SEO expectations and how getting back to the basics serves a site in the long term. She provides examples from past campaigns and what she learned in order to transfer that knowledge to her digital marketing students. Ashley finishes with tips on SEM, public speaking and travel.
This episode of The Scott King Show is sponsored by ScaleX.ai. ScaleX is a sales acceleration platform using powerful artificial intelligence. If your sales reps are not each booking 25-50 appointments a month, then they need AI-based personalization. ScaleX works with all modern marketing automation and social media platforms to get more meetings and multiply hours spent talking with prospects. Visit ScaleX.ai/scott and receive three Playbooks for dormant Leads, downgraded opportunities and the popular outbound playbook.
Questions During Podcast
- What do you consider the biggest challenge for SEO today? It seems it’s reached the point of diminishing returns after you get your infrastructure optimized and map out your content plan.
- How do teams need to address these challenges?
- How do you see digital marketing or digital experiences evolving?
- How do you recommend content marketers break up long form content and optimize it for mobile?
- Do you have access to cool data at SEM Rush?
- You are teaching master classes, What surprises you during these classes?
- What are your top 3 professional speaking tips?
- What was one of your most successful campaigns? What made it effective and how did you measure that?
- Describe a time when a project you were overseeing did not go well?
- What did you learn from that and how do you avoid that from happening again?
- Who or what do you listen to or read to get inspiration?
- What do people ask your advice on other than SEO?
- What is your best travel tip?
- If you didn t have any responsibilities at home or work next week, what would you do with your time?
- Closing thoughts?
Links and Mentions