Manage episode 210870516 series 2372270
Brian Wallace (@nowsourcing) evolved from a CTO to an expert in infographics. Throughout the years Brian and his team worked on many different digital media campaigns and tactics. They looked to specialize so they evaluated their collective skills and found that visually telling stories about complex ideas was what they were best at. A specialization in infographics ensued.
An Infographic is a purposeful well thought out campaign effort consisting of four high-level steps.
- Concept – What is the concept or idea you want to communicate
- Data – Researching your idea and validating it with interesting primary data to tell the story
- Design – Visually grabbing your viewer
- Implementation – Getting your idea to the right media
There have been many great infographics but many fail to grab attention. Most times not enough thought goes into the beginning of the process and teams fail to realize an integrated approach is necessary. Brian explains failed infographics and how to launch a successful one in this episode.
Questions During Episode
- What is an infographic?
- What do you think the hardest part of creating an infographic is?
- How does someone know they need an infographic?
- Why do you only focus on infographics?
- How do you personalize infographics?
- How much lead time do you need in order to produce an infographic?
- Do you also construct presentation slides?
- What is your favorite infographic?
- How do you know one idea will work over another? Is it magic?
- Do you have a favorite place to go get interesting data?
- How do you see digital marketing or digital experiences evolving?
- What do you do in your free time?
Links and Mentions
- Jakob Nielsen – Process of chunking
- B2B stat and infographics are not dead
- Bryan Kramer
- The Psychology of Color
- Malcolm Gladwell, Blink
The post How to Create Effective Infographics – Brian Wallace appeared first on Scott King.
107 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 29 mins duration .