Manage episode 255387477 series 2382152
* What Settler Sexuality was prior to colonization and their historical trauma prior to settling in America
* Indigenous sexual and relational practices prior to colonization and the eraser of said practices after
* Laws promoting sexual segregation
* Sexual assault, molestation, and rape of Black and Indigenous people
* Experimentation on Black bodies to further research on sexual health
* The aftermath: Sexual shame, sexualized racial stereotypes, relational structures (monogamy), standards of beauty, sexual behaviors & language, The #MMIWG epidemic
ANNE MAURO | CLINICAL SEXOLOGIST
Anne Mauro, LMFT, DHS, CST (she/her/hers) is a Licensed Couples and Family Therapist, Clinical Sexologist, and currently the only American Association Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapist (AASECT) Certified Sex Therapist in Tacoma, Washington. Soon she will be the first AASECT Certified Sexuality Educator in Washington State. She has earned her M.A from Antioch University Seattle and a Doctorate of Human Sexuality from the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality.
Her private practice, Mending Connections, in Tacoma specializes in couples counseling and sex therapy. In addition to her private practice, Anne is currently adjunct facility at Antioch University Seattle, where she teaches her favorite subject: Human Sexuality.