Manage episode 213056042 series 2397296
John Williams, Chairman and CEO of Impact Infrastructure, Inc., joins The Water Values Podcast and discusses economic assessment of infrastructure projects. John’s insight into how utility (and other public and private) decision-makers can implement infrastructure projects in a manner that optimizes financial, social and environmental returns on investment is invaluable.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Economic modeling for infrastructure projects
- Automating the triple bottom line of infrastructure analysis
- Using Autocase to automate triple bottom line analysis
- Comparing green versus grey infrastructure
- How to measure social and environmental impacts
- Sustainable return on investment
- John’s thoughts on how the Trump administration will fund infrastructure
- Comparing Autocase with Envision
- Infrastructure analysis with the Impact Infrastructure’s free Business Case Evaluator tool, which runs alongside Envision
Resources and links mentioned in or relevant to this session include:
- Impact Infrastructure’s website
- John’s email: john dot williams at impactinfrastructure dot com
- Impact Infrastructure’s LinkedIn page
- Impact Infrastructure’s Facebook Page
- Autocase website
- Web page for Impact Infrastructure’s free Business Case Evaluator tool
- Article from the University of Delaware on a study of public preferences for green over gray infrastructure (HT Lindsay)
- TWV #058: The Envision Ratings System with ISI VP of Public Education Denise Nelson
- TWV #069: Green Infrastructure Issues with Drew Bender
Sorry – no transcript this week. Let me know by emailing me if you miss the transcripts!
Thanks to each of you for listening and spreading the word about The Water Values Podcast! Keep the emails coming and please rate and review The Water Values Podcast on iTunes, TuneIn, and Stitcher if you haven’t done so already. And don’t forget to tell your friends about the podcast and whatever you do, don’t forget to join The Water Values mailing list!
259 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 45 mins duration .