Manage episode 246137862 series 2499001
Jenny Bruso's multi-day trek on the Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru transformed what she thought was possible for herself; it's opened her up to the idea of hikes around the world and helped refine her mission as the founder of Unlikely Hikers. And while Jenny's enthralled by all this possibility, she's still working through how to trek internationally in a respectful way.
Featured in this episode: Jenny Bruso
Hosted by Gale Straub
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Jenny Bruso: Instagram & Website
- Unlikely Hikers
- New York Times Article: 'Unlikely' Hikers Hit the Trail
- Curvy Kili Crew: Instagram & Jenny's Autostraddle article
- WHOA Plus Travel
- Mountain Gods Peru
- Jenny's first She Explores Episode, "Fat & Outdoorsy"
- If you like this episode, you might enjoy listening to these She Explores episodes:
- She Explores Landing Page
Sponsors and Discount Codes
- Smartwool: Learn more at Smartwool.com
- Danner: Learn more at Danner.com
- ThirdLove: Get 15% off your first purchase by heading to ThirdLove.com/explore
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays-- subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.
Music is by Swelling, Josh Woodward, Lee Rosevere, Kai Engel, and Meydan using a creative commons attributions license.