Manage episode 266553790 series 2499001
Whether running an ultramarathon, talking about recovery from her eating disorder, fighting for racial equity, or mentoring youth at Explore Austin, Rocío Villalobos practices patience, not perfection, as she achieves progress.
In this special episode, we meet up with Rocío at Westcave Preserve in Texas and hike down to a beautiful grotto. We also get to hear the trailer for the new Ravel Media podcast, "Underneath it All" at the start of the show.
Featured in this episode: Rocío Villalobos
Hosted & Produced by Gale Straub
A production of Ravel Media
- Rocío Villalobos: Instagram & Website
- Explore Austin
- PODER (People Organized in Defense of Earth and Her Resources)
- Native Women Running: Instagram & Website
- Native Women's Wilderness: Instagram & Website
- Westcave Preserve
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Subscribe to Underneath it All: Apple Podcasts & Spotify
- Ravel Media
Sponsors and Discount Codes
- Oregon State University E-Campus: Visit ecampus.oregonstate.edu/explore to find the program that’s right for you.
- Peak Scents: Get 20% your order when you use the code EXPLORE20 at checkout at PeakScents.com.
- Danner: Learn more about the Trail 2650 at Danner.com
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays-- subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.
Music is by Meydan, Kai Engel, Swelling, & Lee Rosevere