FFP 378 | Iodine, Ovarian Cysts, Fibrocystic Breasts, & Thyroid Disorders | Summer Replay Series | Dr. Jorge Flechas
Manage episode 300343905 series 2776014
Is there a connection between fibrocystic breast disease, ovarian cysts and iodine deficiency? Find out in today’s episode of the 2021 summer replay series!
Dr. Flechas has been in medical practice for 35 years. He is the Medical Director of Flechas Family Practice in Hendersonville, N.C. In addition to family practice, Dr. Flechas’s areas of specialization include Iodine therapy for thyroid and breast disorders, bio-identical hormone replacement for both men and women, and diagnosis and treatment of cardiac-related issues such as coronary artery disease, atherosclerosis, and hypertension.
Today’s episode is sponsored by FAM LIVE!
- The link between fibrocystic breast disease and iodine deficiency
- The connection between iodine deficiency and cancer
- What is the relationship between iodine deficiency and thyroid function?
- What are the factors that contribute to the development of a goiter?
- Is iodine only necessary for thyroid function?
- How Iodine is distributed inside your body?
- What is fibrocystic breast disease and what are the most common signs and symptoms?
- The link between iodine and the development of scar tissue
- How is iodine related to breast, ovarian, and thyroid cancer?
- If iodine can reverse fibrocystic breast disease, then why isn’t it standard treatment?
- The link between iodine deficiency, polycystic ovary, and insulin resistance?
- What is the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for iodine and why does Dr. Flechas recommend significantly higher amounts?
- How can you determine if you are deficient in iodine?
- What is the most accurate way to test your iodine levels?
- References & research papers on Iodine | Hakala Labs
- Iodine replacement in fibrocystic disease of the breast (PubMed)| Dr. Eskin
- Linalool, a plant-derived monoterpene alcohol, reverses doxorubicin resistance in human breast adenocarcinoma cells (PubMed)
- Perillyl Alcohol Inhibits Human Breast Cancer Cell Growth in vitro and in vivo (PubMed)
- Hakala Research Lab | Iodine Testing
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 124 | Thyroid Health & Fertility, Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | Iodine & Thyroid Function | Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome | Dr. David Brownstein, MD | Dr. Denis Wilson, MD
- FFP 164 | Thyroid Health and Fertility | Erika Enos
- FFP 143 | Choosing the Right Practitioner | How To Find A Functional Practitioner Who Will Really Help You | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 116 | Stop The Thyroid Madness | Going Beyond Synthroid & Getting to the Root Cause of Thyroid Disorders | Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | What to do when your Doctor Won’t Cooperate | Janie Bowthorpe, M. Ed.
- FFP 041 | Thyroid Health and Fertility | Dr. Maureen Rozenn
- Fertility Awareness Podcast Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-GanticA Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: Fertility Friday | Fertility Awareness ProgramsThe Fertility Awareness Charting Workbook