Podcast Editors: Do This to Bring Home Profit First – PEM0028
Manage episode 292297529 series 2811833
Podcast editors, have you ever worked your tail off only to realize that you're not actually bringing home the money you expected? Or maybe bringing home nothing at all?
It's sooo easy to see that happening. We know, because it sometimes happens to us, too.
That's why, as Carol Lynn Rivera shares, it's important to flip the script and implement a framework that is built around the way you naturally want to manage your money and makes it easy to pay yourself first.
Listen to Discover
- The secret to paying yourself first and knowing that you have money set aside for taxes.
- How traditional accounting makes it easy to pay yourself last. Or not at all.
- What makes the Profit First methodology different from traditional accounting.
- The psychology behind why managing your money with five accounts is actually simpler than keeping it all in one place.
- What to do when Waves, iZotope, Fabfilter, and Plugin Alliance are offering great sales on plugins but you don't have the money in your expense account.
Whether you're brand new at running a podcast production business or you've been doing it for years, if you're not satisfied with how your business is paying you, this episode is for you.
Links & Resources
- Podcasters Toolbox
- Profit First (Amazon, not an affiliate link)
- Wondering how much podcast editors make? Check out episode 20 with Steve Stewart and Mark Deal of the Podcast Editor Academy.
- Not sure how to craft a business model for your podcast service business? Check out episode 16 with Mark Deal.
About Carol Lynn Rivera
Carol Lynn Rivera is the CEO of Podcasters Toolbox. What you may not know is that Carol Lynn and her husband (The Ralph M. Rivera) have founded several companies, and they run them using the Profit First methodology to ensure that, while they serve their customers at a high level, they also take home MONEY so that they can live, support their family, and keep doing what they love doing.
This episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Carrie Caulfield Arick of YaYa Podcasting.
Be a Guest
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
Your Yetis Are
- Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
- Jennifer Longworth | Bourbon Barrel Podcasting
- Carrie Caulfield Arick | YaYa Podcasting
- Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!