Manage episode 281887480 series 2844480
When Charlotte was a child, food was limited and plain. Sometimes, she went to bed hungry.
As a dancer this helped her limit her food and over-train, such were the demands of her profession. But it didn’t help her overall health and wellbeing.
Charlotte avoided the various pitfalls in the dancing world but even now she struggles to eat “different” food and feels too poor to eat posh. Hear how she maintains balance in her new life.
- [02:37] - Food in the dancing world
- [10:03] - Poor, potatoes and going to bed hungry
- [15:14]- Embarrassment around food
- [15:44] - Eating in public
- [21:30] - Over exercise
- [22:47] - Man on the beach
- [31:05] - The “bikini” audition
- [33:00] - Tasmanian devil and Charlotte’s Five Foods she would take to an island
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please let me know your thoughts on Instagram @thisfoodthingpodcast and consider leaving an honest review and rating for the show on iTunes, it helps with the ranking and as this is a brand new podcast, I’d be extremely grateful. Don’t forget to also subscribe to the show at the top of this page!