Manage episode 281887483 series 2844480
Roger recalls how his Dad’s comment, “Roger you’re getting a spare tyre”, helped set him up for a painful and profound relationship with his body until a life-changing conversation with a Robin.
Join me in this first guest episode to hear how Roger conquered his demons and turned his life around, as he struggled with bulimia, alcohol and self-acceptance.
A story that has the potential to be doom and gloom is in fact warm, funny and wise.
- [02:23] - Dad’s ‘spare tyre’ comment
- [09:26] - Roger’s food issues start: Laxatives, alcohol and bingeing
- [16:50] - Roger meets a robin
- [21:15] - New beginnings
- [28:50] - Regret, guilt and triggers
- [31:29] - Stand-up comedy and everything changes
- [33:25] - The Pillsbury dough boy
- [41:00] - Roger’s Five Foods to an island
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please let me know your thoughts on Instagram @thisfoodthingpodcast and consider leaving an honest review and rating for the show on iTunes, it helps with the ranking and as this is a brand new podcast, I’d be extremely grateful. Don’t forget to also subscribe to the show at the top of this page!