Manage episode 281887481 series 2844480
Maali was bullied at school and became bulimic when she was a teen. Her love of performing kept her sane but at home her ‘perfect’ Mum and older sister added to the mix.
Maali veers between not eating and binging. Sometimes, when she’s busy she forgets but most days are a constant battle. She’s not ready to stop her behaviours, however harmful, because right now... they help.
Listen to Maali’s candid overview on what led her to this place.
- [03:58]- Being bullied from 6-18 years old
- [06:48] - Bulimia and body discomfort
- [10:05] - Parents and perfect sister
- [15:20] - Burst blood vessel, self-hate and shame
- [20:30] - What Maali’s bulimia means and the effects
- [24:43] - Therapy, friends, Maali moves away
- [37:38] - The Maali Pot
- [43:47] - The Five Foods Maali would take to an island
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please let me know your thoughts on Instagram @thisfoodthingpodcast and consider leaving an honest review and rating for the show on iTunes, it helps with the ranking and as this is a brand new podcast, I’d be extremely grateful. Don’t forget to also subscribe to the show at the top of this page!