Manage episode 281887479 series 2844480
Ian took his first martial arts class when he was five. With his professional fight career behind him he continues to live and breathe every hook and jab. What Ian doesn’t know about boxing, isn’t worth knowing.
However, he readily admits to the industry’s disavowal regarding eating disorders. It’s not even up for discussion.
But we discussed it, and then some more. Listen to the expert Mister Streetz and his brilliant, fighting talk.
- [03:15] - Ian’s relationship with food and olfactory nerve damage
- [10:00] - Reflecting on childhood memories
- [11:40] - Cutting weight for fights, extreme dehydration
- [20:40] - Discussing depression and anxiety
- [23:00] - Eating disorders within boxing, sacrifice and exercise addiction
- [31:00] - Young boys and men in boxing, the “dog” within
- [37:44] - Training for survival
- [44:00] - Five Foods Ian would take to an island
Thank you for tuning in!
If you enjoyed this episode, please let me know your thoughts on Instagram @thisfoodthingpodcast and consider leaving an honest review and rating for the show on iTunes, it helps with the ranking and as this is a brand new podcast, I’d be extremely grateful. Don’t forget to also subscribe to the show at the top of this page!