Manage episode 302757898 series 2942547
In my latest podcast interview, I’m speaking with Whitney Sewell, who went from no experience in real estate, to scaling to over 1,000 doors valued at $150 million—in just 4 years!
Before ever investing in real estate, Whitney served in the military and spent a full year in Iraq fighting for our country. After returning home, he got married, joined the police force, invested in a few properties, and even bought a farm to pursue a horse training business on the side.
Unfortunately, his fast-paced lifestyle left little time for his family, so he decided to sell the farm, quit his job, and pursue multifamily real estate full-time.
He bought a few triplexes for his first few deals, and admits to making a ton of mistakes along the way. But the work ethic and “never give up” mindset he learned in the military, would become his real estate super power.
Today, Whitney is host of The Real Estate Syndication Show and Founder of Life Bridge Capital—a syndicated multifamily investment firm that works with investors on strategically targeted multifamily properties.
In our conversation, you’ll learn exactly how he was able to scale so quickly, the benefits of a multifamily fund structure (versus one-off deals), and how to leverage the skills of others to build a highly successful real estate business!
Key Takeaways with Whitney Sewell
- What is a multi-asset fund and how does it help passive investors mitigate risk and diversify their cash-flow
- Evaluating different multifamily investing strategies—value-add, cashflow, and development deals.
- Going from finding investors to fund your deal, to finding deal flow for your investors.
- The biggest lessons the military taught Whitney during his service in Iraq—and how they apply to real estate investing.
- Making the decision to quit your job to pursue real estate full-time.
- How to uncover your superpower and partner with others to build a highly successful multifamily business.
- Why loyalty is the key to raising money.
- Why Whitney and his wife are on a mission to help families through the process of adoption and have committed 50% of their profits!
Want the Full Show Notes?
To get access to the full show notes, including audio, transcripts, and links to all the resources mentioned, visit https://acceleratedinvestorpodcast.com/226
Rate & Review If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Accelerated Real Estate Investor Podcast, hit the subscribe button on Apple Podcasts, so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
Connect with Josh Cantwell
Sign Up For My Coaching Program! To unlock your potential and start earning real passive income, visit joshcantwellcoaching.com
Get The Flip System Book! To get access to a free copy of The Flip System, visit getflipsystem.com/podcast